Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistan/ AJK nationals for the award of scholarships for higher studies leading to PhD. The scholarships will be awarded for fall 2010 session in HEC identified discipline wise world top ranked Universities of USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan, Singapore etc.
Deadline: 15 June 2010
- Candidates must have a minimum qualification of MSc, Ma, MBA,MBBS or equivalent (a total of 16 years education)
- A minimum of two second-divisions passes throughout the academic career.
- Not less than 50% marks throughout the academic career.
- Maximum age
- 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the public sector R&D organizations.
- 35 years for all others
- Applications must have already secured admission into a PhD program or master’s leading to PhD in the specified discipline in the HEC identified discipline wise world top ranked Universities. The list of these universities & discipline is available at HEC website www.hec.gov.pk/ossphase2batch6
- Applicants who are applying for Medical Sciences, Social Sciences and Arts & Humanities need to have minimum cumulative 50% academic marks as per HEC Academic Evaluation Formula (HEC-AEF). The HEC-AEF is available at HEC website.
- Applications who are applying for Business Education must submit GRE/GMAT score. GRE score should be sent directly through ETS TO HEC using the institute code HI 9054.
- Application processing fee of Rs 500/- in favor of HEC will be deposited at any of the Habib Bank Limited branches in Pakistan. Remittance application can be downloaded from HEC website (http://app.hec.gov.pk/remapp/apl_form.asp) Original deposit receipt must be attached with the application.
- The student already registered /enrolled for programs leading to PhD or PhD in HEC identified institutions abroad may also apply.
- The candidates who are already availing any other scholarship offer are NOT eligible to apply.
Prescribed application form (hard copy) will be submitted along with the following documents within the closing date of application
- Original Deposit slip
- Photocopies of all educational testimonials.
- Photocopy of CNIC
- Research Proposal
- Attested photocopy of GRE/GMAT score.GRE score repot in original must also reach HEC by Tuesday 15 June 2010 directly through EST,USA to institution code GI 9054.
- Photocopy of confirmed admission for PhD or Master’s leading to PhD program at one of the HEC identified universities (list is available at HEC website).
- Statement of Purpose (one Page)
- All scholarships will be awarded on open merit
- Incomplete or applicants received after due date will not be entertained
- Confirmed and unconditional admission letters should clearly state that admission is in PhD or MS/MPhil leading of PhD.
- Candidates having direct admission into PhD will be preferred
- Those who have already applied for the Overseas scholarship in previous phases and haven ot been awarded scholarship are required to re-apply.
- In-service candidates should apply through proper channel. Advance copies will not be entertained
- Limited number of scholarships is selected disciplines are available. Detail is available on HEC website www.hec.gov.pk/ossphase2batch6
- Funding for maximum period of 4 years will be provided for PhD as well as MPhil leading to PhD studies.
For all details, such as a list of HEC identified universities, HEC-AEF, list of subjects, tentative number of scholarships available in each discipline, Terms & Conditions, Merit & Selection Criteria and the prescribed application form etc.
Application form, complete in all respect should reach the undersigned latest by Tuesday 15 June 2010 through registered mail or courier service. By hand applications will not be entertained.
Rana Shafiq Ahmed
Higher Education Commission, Sector H-9, Islamabad.
For further details, please visit www.hec.gov.pk/ossphoase2batch6
No related posts.