The purpose of the Ginsberg Fund, established under his will, is to encourage scientific research and publication along the lines of his interests.
Deadline: 03 April 2011
Research projects must focus on Israeli society, Jewish communities, or other subjects which have a direct or indirect bearing on Jewish or Israeli Institutions and ideas. Some earlier Ginsberg Fellowship projects are listed below.
Fellowships will be awarded to holders of a Ph.D. degree no more than 3 years after graduation. Preference will be given to candidates in the disciplines of sociology and anthropology. The Fellowship is intended for candidates who will spend the term at the Hebrew University or will stay abroad only if sponsored by the Hebrew University
Fellowship stipends are at the same level as other post- doctoral fellowships granted at the Hebrew University. Fellowships are granted for the duration of three months and up to one year.
Involvement in the academic activities of the department (attending Departmental seminars, meeting with students and presenting the researc to the department upon the request of the head of the program).
The Candidate should contact a member of the department Staff (Sociology and Anthropology) who will serve as his academic sponsor
It should be specified exactly where the post-doc period is to take place, in what university and in what department.
Applications should be submitted in four copies in English or Hebrew. They should Include:
1. a research proposal or work plan (not to exceed five pages,excluding bibliography),
3. dissertation abstract or proposal,
4. curriculum vitae,
5. two letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the foundation.
Applicants requiring further information may contact Agnes Arbeli,
Phone: 972-2-5883032; Fax: 972-2-5324339
Applications must be submitted by: April 3, 2011
The fellowship will begin in October 2011.
For further details, click here
- Begum Bilquis Scholarship Scheme 2010, Shaheen Foundation PAF
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships – United Kingdom Awards, 2011
- University of Groningen Talent Grant: Eric Bleumink Fund
- The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program, 2011
- NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship Program, 2011