Pursuant to the announcement made by the Federal Finance Minister in his 2001-2002-budget speech, a STUDENTS LOAN SCHEME (SLS) for Education was launched by the Government of Pakistan in collaboration with major commercial banks of Pakistan (NBP, HBL, UBL, MCB and ABL). Under the Scheme, financial assistance is provided by way of Interest Free Loans to the meritorious students who have financial constraints for pursuing their studies in Scientific, Technical and Professional education within Pakistan.
Deadline: 28 March 2011
Under the scheme the students are eligible to apply for loans provided:
- He/She has obtained admission on merit through normal course/procedure in the approved Universities/Colleges of the public sector mentioned hereunder.
- He/She falls at the time of admission within the age bracket of:-
- For Graduation Not exceeding 21 Years
- For Post-Graduation Not exceeding 31 Years
- For Ph.D Not exceeding 36 Years
- He/She has secured 70% marks in the last public examination.
- He/She has undertaken the study of the subjects given below.
- He/She is unable to pursue studies due to financial constraints.
TYPES OF LOAN:
The loan facility will be available for entire duration of the study for:-
- Schedule Fee Paid directly to the University/College
- Boarding expenses excluding meal charges
- Procurement of textbooks— Disbursed directly to the student
REPAYMENT OF LOAN:
The maximum period of repayment of loan is 10-Years from the date of disbursement of first installment. The borrower shall repay the loan in monthly installment after six months from the date of first employment or one year from the date of completion of studies, which ever is earlier.
For further details, click here
- Begum Bilquis Scholarship Scheme 2010, Shaheen Foundation PAF
- Charles Wallace Pakistan Trust Visiting Fellowship, 2011
- Chinese Government Scholarship Program, 2011
- LUMS National Outreach Programme, Pakistan 2011
- Noon Educational Foundation Oxford Scholarships for Pakistani Students, UK