The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is one of the oldest and most prestigious schemes of its kind in the world. It was established at the first Conference of Commonwealth Education Ministers in 1959. Over 25,000 Commonwealth citizens have held awards – many going on to reach the very highest levels of their profession.
Deadline: 30 Sep 2011
The scheme envisages the following programs in different fields:
- PhD Scholarship Program
- Split-Site Doctoral Research Scholarship Program
Applications are invited, through HEC, from Pakistani/AJK nationals, fulfilling eligibility criteria on or before close of the deadlines etc.
How to Apply
How to Send Application Form?
- You are required to submit two types of application forms to HEC, as described below
- Fill the Commonwealth application form online, through Electronic Application System (EAS), and apply for your required program, from http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/
- Select Higher Education Commission as your nominating agency while filling Online Commonwealth application Form.
- Donot forget to properly submit your application after filling it online.
- Download HEC Application Form (for respective scholarship program):
- HEC application form for Split Site program
- HEC application form for PhD
- Attach attested copies of all the documents and Annexure, as mentioned in the Application Form, available on the above referred website. All bachelors and above level degrees obtained from Pakistani Universities and foreign universities MUST be verified by Accreditation and Attestation (A&A) Division of HEC. Click here to see the Link to concerned website.
- All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401 is being maintained for the purpose. A proforma for depositing funds is available at www.hec.gov.pk/payment
- Attach portion of payment receipt (in Original), of HBL online payment facility of amount Rs. 300/- non-refundable, made in favor of HEC, Islamabad
- Applicants are advised to initiate their admission process simultaneously and to start making communication with UK universities/supervisors, now.
- Attach one (01) print of online Commonwealth application Form, along with all the annexure, as described in the form.
- Attach one (01) copy of respective HEC application Form (for use by HEC), with all annexure.
- Attach Two (2) Copies of Research proposal.
- Incomplete forms will NOT be accepted.
How to prepare Application Package?
Kindly read each and every instruction very carefully to prepare a good application package.
- Fill online Commonwealth Application form, through Electronic Application System (EAS), and then take a print of it, after getting it signed by the Vice Chancellor / Head of the University then make a copy of it. Retain one copy with you, alongwith photocopies of supporting documents to be attached with, and send remaining (the orignally signed) one (01) copy alongwith supporting documents to HEC, each set properly should be properly binded.
- Fill one (01) HEC Application Form in original using computer typing and send to HEC alongwith supporting documents.
- Properly bind each set of application form. Lose papers or untidy application package should be avoided. Applications with loose papers / not in properly binding will not be entertained.
- Avoid sending lose documents / Annexures, after sending application package, hence one complete in all respect set of application be sent.
- Do not forget to obtain signature, approval, stamp of VC/Rector of your employing university/DAI where you are currently employed/studying in case of Split PhD, (which ever applicable) on the second page of the Commonwealth UK Application Form. This is a MANDATORY condition, while sending application to HEC.
- Order of forms and papers:
- HEC Application Form with all academic documents in ascending order, starting from 10th grade
- One Originally singed (01) online Commonwealth UK Application form with all academic documents in ascending order, starting from 10th grade.
(Please be noted that preparing an appropriate application package, neatly as per instructions, is the first step towards your journey for higher studies)
Deadline for Sending Application:
Commonwealth UK does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC. Kindly send the Application Forms (mentioned) for the said scholarship as mentioned, on or before 30th September, 2011 to the undersigned on the address given below Postal Address:
Asif Kaleem Malik
Project Manager (FFSP/CW-UK)
Higher Education Commission
Sector H-9, Islamabad
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowships – United Kingdom Awards, 2011
- Erasmus Mundus programme in Aeromechanics (THRUST) Scholarships, 2012
- Sheffield Hallam University International Achievement Scholarships 2011/2012
- Edinburgh Global Master’s Scholarships
- Undergraduate & Postgraduate Science and Engineering Scholarships 2012, Queen Mary University, London