The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia. This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
Deadline: 30 April 2012
To be eligible for Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS), applicants must fit the following criteria:-
- Not be more than 45 years of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
- Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required:
- IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or
- TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
- In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants
Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the needs and interests of Malaysia (research-based programme only)
- Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the universities in Malaysia).
- MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP (MIS) MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION MALAYSIA 2011
- University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS) 2012
- International Student Scholarship 2012, Bond University
- Scholarship for International students at the University of Sydney (For Masters/PHD)
- Study in Europe with University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship Programme