The aim of this fellowships programme is to enhance the capacity-building and human resources development in the area of sustainable and renewable energy sources in developing countries and countries in transition. The training activities in the framework of these fellowships are tenable in specialized institutions in the Russian Federation. The medium of instruction will be Russian. UNESCO will solicit applications from the developing countries and countries in transition.
Deadline: 31 May 2012
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
(a) Holder of at least a BSc degree or BA in Economics;
(b) Proficient in the Russian language;
(c) Not more than 45 years of age;
(d) Be in good health, both mentally and physically.
PROCEDURES FOR THE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
(a) All applications should be endorsed by the National Commission for UNESCO and must be duly completed in English or French with the following attachments in DUPLICATE:
• The prescribed UNESCO fellowship application form;
• Six photographs;
• Certified photocopies of Diplomas
• Certificate of Russian Language proficiency – minimum of 500 hours of language training (if Russian is not the mother tongue or was the language of instruction for some years of study);
• Subsequently, for those who have been selected, the UNESCO medical examination form duly completed by a recognized physician (not more than four months before the actual date of studies). The prescribed form of which will be sent along with the letter of award. Expenses incurred in the constitution of the medical dossiers will not be reimbursed.
(b) Files which are incomplete or received after the deadline for the submission of applications and candidatures, and do not fulfil the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
(c) Each invited Member State is requested to nominate not more than two (2) candidates.
- Erasmus Mundus programme in Aeromechanics (THRUST) Scholarships, 2012
- IDB Merit Scholarship Programme for High Technology for PhD & Post Doctoral studies, 2012-13
- Undergraduate & Postgraduate Scholarships 2012, University of Sydney
- Mexican Government Scholarship 2012
- Dr Abdul Kalam International Scholarships 2012, University of Sydney