The Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Scholarship encourages scholars from a wide range of disciplines and professional fields to undertake research towards informing policy making in the United Arab Emirates. The Scholarship is open to Ph.D. students from all nationalities studying at an accredited university in the UAE or abroad.
Deadline: 30 June 2012
Applicants must be candidates for the doctoral degree at an accredited graduate institution wishing to participate in field research for their dissertation. Applicants may not be on probation, suspension or other provisional registration and must have English proficiency with a minimum score
The Scholarship is awarded based on merit as measured by academic performance and relevance of research proposal. The applicant’s intended field of study is also considered in the evaluation process with preference given to those candidates pursuing a degree in education or a directly related field of study. The Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Foundation Directors and Advisory Board serve as the evaluation and selection committee.
In order to apply online, you will need the following documents:
- The latest available official transcript and transcripts of completed degrees
- A resume outlining educational background, work experience, co-curricular and extracurricular activities
- A copy of the approved research proposal or preliminary proposal
- A two page essay outlining the reason/s why the candidate is interested in the scholarships
- Two letters of reference that address the suitability of the candidate. One letter must be from the candidate’s doctoral advisor and the other should be from another academic and must indicate the nature of the relationship with the candidate and the length of time of the relationship
All materials submitted for consideration will automatically become the property of the Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Foundation for Policy Research and will not be returned to the sender.
The application deadline for the 2011-2012 Doctoral Research Scholarship has now passed. We are currently accepting applications for the 2012-2013 academic year. Applications will be open until June 30, 2012.
- Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS)
- Chinese Government Scholarship 2012-2013, Chongqing University
- Australian Building Codes Board Research Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for Developing Countries
- Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, University of Westminster